11 Oct 2013

Mud up north

Next week I'm heading 'up north' to a place called Amuru. Unlike going up north in the UK, this trip doesn't involve extra rain and extra eyeshadow, but it does involve strong accents. Why the 5 hour drive? Well, there's a group of Send a Cow farmers there who have been innovating in making all sorts of household furniture out of mud and a few sticks. I must admit, I've no idea how they do it so well, but that is why I'm heading up.

I'll also be gate-crashing the Send a Cow Social Development meetings, which will give me a really good idea on how to help groups increase their resilience to shocks, change and challenges - which we all know come our way in life. I'll be updating when I return, for now, here are some pictures of the kind of things these groups make. Maybe you'll start seeing them in IKEA soon?




For those who like maps like I do, here's a  map...


No comments:

Post a Comment